Tuesday, May 20, 2008

To my granddad – my inspiration




This a word of thanks to my inspiration
This is a way of me showing my admiration
I wish I had done this earlier
I wish my thoughts had been clearer
I’m hoping you would still read it
And see in my life the light that you lit

From the time I can remember
You have always been my teacher
You taught me to follow my dreams
However impossible they seemed
I was always proud of you
Looked up to everything you ever did do

For me you were the best
Someone who always quenched my knowledge quest
You made me feel special
Even at times when I wasn’t capable
You always stood by me
Making it easier through darkness to see

I wish I could have told you this in person
But wasn’t wise enough then to have taken up the decision
I miss your presence
Feel lost in your absence
Why did you have to go?
I needed you so much more
Even now I hope one day you would be there
By my side, telling me you still care

There is so much more I wanted to tell you
There is so much for you I wanted to do
I wanted you to know that I loved you
I wanted to thank you
I thank god because he made you my granddad
For me you were the greatest inspiration I ever had.

Tanvee Nadkarni

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beutiful, this is the best poem I have read in a long time

Geetha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geetha said...

Tanvi, this is indeed a befitting tribute to that one person, who's been a great inspiration to many of us! Thanks for saying it so beautifully!
Geetha

poojapatil.06 said...

This one is really very touchy.....clearly shows your love towards your grandpa.....

Thanks for reading